Friday, August 11, 2006

Asking BIG questions..

...and getting unexpected answers!
This project is all about stepping out of my comfort zone and thinking a bit bigger.
I thought I would share an astounding thing that happened today. I was challenged to make a speculative enquiry to a company who's work I admired but for whom I couldn't imagine working. Just find the address, find out who I should write to and ask them for an interview. It was essentially to be an exercise in getting a NO - just send it and not be worried about whether they respond or not, the most improtant thing being: WRITE A LETTER AND POST IT. So I did...and do you know what? I got an email today from the very person I wrote to inviting me to call to arrange a time to bring my portfolio in. OMG!
Now where's that portfolio...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! That is so exciting - but not so unexpected! Well done for taking the brave step... looking forward to hearing your progress on Monday. :-)