Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Build it and they will come

The creative hub project has been approved. Yay!
What comes next is down to me, I have to start spreading the news and telling more people about it, more importantly making contact with the people who could become involved in the project. What is still a little vague is WHY would anyone want to be involved? Will it be a sufficient draw to talk about such an abstract concept as sharing inspiration? It think so..Perhaps I want to pitch it somewhere between social and business networking.
Maybe I should start by looking at what I want to get out of it?
The creative hub project was borne out of a feeling of isolation, working in a tiny studio in the suburbs I felt that I was missing out on something, that it was always going on somewhere else. I was always going to be on the periphery unless I did something about it, so I put it out there that I wanted to set up a forum for people to meet and share ideas and within no time people were approaching me, asking to get involved. Perhaps it really is that easy..
(in case you were wondering about the title, its from Field of Dreams with Kevin Costner, mmm cheesy!)

No comments: